Sunday, September 12, 2010

NYRangers Start Traverse City Tourney Off With A Bang

The Rangers started the Annual Traverse City Tournament off with a win over Columbus.  This Tourney is a great way for the Rangers to see there prospects in action while also giving them some much needed experience and continuity amongst each other. 
Well they didn't disappoint as the Rangers prospects came through with a 5-4 win.  The game went back and forth until Evgeny Grachev netted the game winning goal with only 6.1 seconds left.  He is what he had to say about the play after the game: 

"We had a set play there," said Grachev. "The coaches told Stepan to get the puck to me at the top of the circle. If I had time, I could shoot it, and if I didn't, I could just keep it going to the d-man behind me, and he would take the shot. Bourque was there in the hashmarks to screen the goalie and disrupt the d-men for Columbus. I got the puck right away and felt I had time to shoot it, so I shot it."

For a complete recap of the game head over to The Rangers Website.  They have complete coverage of the tourney and will keep you updated on all news and notes.  It is to bad the games are not on the NHL Network as they have been in previous years.  This is a great way for fans of the participating teams to get to know more about there teams top prospects while enjoying some much needed Hockey right before the season starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment